INFORMATION ABOUT COVID-19 AT THE BIOPARC
The Bioparc de la Gaspésie has taken note of the recommendations sent by the Government of Quebec concerning preventive measures to counter the spread of COVID-19.
The Bioparc employees are always at work with regard to animal care. Administration are working from home. Several measures have been taken internally to protect the health and safety of our employees and customers.
We invite the public not to come to the Bioparc and to contact customer service and accommodation by email at info@bioparc for a faster response.
We are analyzing the potential impacts of these measures and will keep you informed of the actions that will be taken as the situation evolves.
EVENTS AND PARK OPENING
Following the announcements of the last few days, we do not yet know what all the impacts will be on the Bioparc. However, management and the board of directors give themselves a few weeks to decide on the procedure to follow.
THE BIOPARC COTTAGES
Acording to the recent annoncements on March 28th and April 5th, coattage rental are not available until May 4th.
Please be assured that we understand your concerns. We consider the situation to be exceptional and that is why we have revised our policy and adopted a more flexible policy for stays at the Bioparc chalets. We recommend that you follow government directions and limit your interregional travel to prevent the spread of the pandemic.
Changes to our summer activities:
- Opening postponed to June 22, 2020
- Cancellation of Festi-Oiseaux. Postponed to May 2021
- Cancellation of the Overnigth with Wolves activity. Postponed to 2021
- Closure of the La faim de loup restaurant for the 2020 season
- Implementation of a health procedures plan linked to the ATIQ health intervention plan
Special Cancellation Policy - COVID-19:
Stays between Avril 6th, 2020 and May 4th, 2020 still scheduled on April 5th, 2020 will be canceled with full refund of amounts already paid. No new reservations will be taken for the period from March 29th to May 4th, 2020.
Fees of 10% of the total amount of the reservation in the event of cancellation of a stay between March 13th and June 5th, 2020 as a result of the health emergency measures declared on March 13 by the Government of Quebec.
- For a stay between March 13th and May 4th, 2020 impacted by the health emergency measures declared on March 13 by the government of Quebec, a modification of the dates of the reservation at another time in the next year (before June 15 2021) may be granted subject to availability at no cost. 30 days are granted to confirm a new date.
- These new policies and periods concerned will be updated as governments announce them.
- We assume that our joint customers are now aware of the risk of spreading the coronavirus, and therefore of the risk that they must be effective for new reservations, more particularly when these are non-refundable or partially refundable. This is why, for all new reservations made from April 20th, 2020, we no longer apply those CODIV-19 policies to customers wishing to cancel or modify their reservation due to the coronavirus pandemic. These reservations will be treated as normal reservations, in accordance with our conditions and procedures.
- Please note that the conditions apply only to cancellations made after the establishment of travel restrictions and valid for the dates mentioned above.
This page will be updated regularly.
Last updated April 20th, 2020